This was one of the recipes that won us first place at the Northside Common Ministries Food Pantry Challenge
• 2 cans of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed), finely minced
• 1 lb of fresh ground Mexican chorizo*
• 2 chopped jalapeño peppers
• 1 chopped Spanish onion
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 5 cloves of fresh garlic minced
• 1/2 Tbl black pepper
• 1/2 Tbl Salt
Roll into 2” balls and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Makes about 20-24 balls. Serve over rice and top with your favorite sauce.
* If you can not find Mexican chorizo, you can order and purchase at the Franklin Inn or substitute your favorite hot sausage.