Many items can be made Vegan or Vegetarian. Ask your server if it is possible for the dish that you are interested in ordering tonight. Your server can also offer suggestions and you can refer to our online takeout menu to see our most updated offerings. Scroll down to find the Vegan and Vegetarian Suggestions section at the bottom of the page.
Here our some of our favorite dishes:
Vegan Menu Items
* Jamaica Birria Tacos: Hibiscus flowers simmered in a rich vegetable chile broth. White corn tortillas, cilantro, onion and sunflower crema. Served with avocado tomatillo salsa and pinto beans.
* Chipotle Mushroom Enchiladas: Corn tortillas filled with a plant-based stuffing featuring black beans, mushroom, onion, poblano and bell peppers. Topped with house made Chipotle rojo enchilada sauce, and home made sunflower seed crema (yes it is vegan too), white onion and cilantro. Served with two sides. We suggest rice and pinto beans.
* Vegan Colorado Green Chile Burrito: Flour tortilla filled with pinto beans, peppers, onions, and pico de gallo. Topped with our scratch made green chile sauce which features tomatillos and poblano peppers. Served with two house sides. We suggest rice and beans.
* Vegan Chorizo Street Tacos: Grilled white corn tortillas, Vegan chorizo, tomatillo salsa, cabbage, jalapeno, cilantro, jalapeños, onions, cabbage, lime wedge. Served with two house sides. We suggest rice and beans.
* Vegan Quesadilla: Pinto beans, pico de gallo, cabbage, onion and cilantro in a small grilled flour tortilla.
* Black Bean Memelas: Kinda like a cross between a black bean burger and a black bean quesadilla without the cheese but better! Flour tortilla filled with black bean patty, pico de gallo and lettuce. Served with salsa of the week and one house side.
* Vegan Cheesecake: Creamy New York Style Vegan “Cheesecake” featuring tofu and other vegan ingredients. Wendy discovered this particular cheesecake while on vacation and had to order it for you (and her too!). We do not make this in house. It is special order so supplies are limited daily.
Look for more vegan items to be added soon.
Items that can be made vegan or vegetarian with modifications.
Vegan or Vegetarian Street Tacos: Grilled white corn tortillas, tomatillo salsa, cabbage, jalapeno, cilantro, jalapeños, onions, cabbage, lime wedge and two house sides. Filling options (select one only):
- Portobello Mushroom (Vegans ask for no cheese here)
- Vegan Chorizo
- Pinto Bean or Black Bean (Vegans ask for no cheese here)
- Vegetarian Ground beef (contains egg whites, can not be made Vegan)
Portobello and Vegetable Fajitas: A sizzling platter of onions, bell peppers, and seasonal veggies with flour tortillas (gluten free available), pico de gallo, and lettuce. Hold the sour cream and cheese if Vegan. Vegans ask for extra salsa or guacamole instead of cheese and sour cream.
Vegetarian Stuffed Portobellos: Hand-marinated portobellos filled with meat and cheese. Chile mayonesa drizzle. Rice of the day. Flour tortillas. Select the Vegetarian ground beef for a vegetarian option. Vegans ask for the vegan chorizo and omit the cheese and chile mayonesa.
Skinny Mex: Grilled portobello topped with pico de gallo, cheese, green onions and sour cream. Small bed of lettuce with green and red salsa. Vegans omit the cheese and sour cream.
Entree Salads: Can be made Vegan or Vegetarian by selecting your fillings and dressing options. Vegans can omit the dairy and cheeses. For example, vegetarians can enjoy a taco salad with vegetarian ground beef and while vegans can load up a Jefa salad with black bean and corn, portobello mushrooms, veggies, Jalisco slaw, pico de gallo, guacamole, seeds and cilantro jalapeno vinaigrette.
Enchiladas, Burritos, and Chimigangas: Many of these can be made vegan or vegetarian depending on the fillings you select. Vegans ask that we omit all cheese and sour cream from inside and on top of the items and to not use enchilada sauce. Enchilada sauce contains butter so it is vegetarian but not vegan. Our mole sauce contains diary. It can not be made Vegan. Fried items use a communal fryer.
Kid's Menu Items: Both the Walking Tacos and Kid's Tacos can be made vegeterian (vegetarian ground beef) or vegan (pinto beans, omit cheese and sour cream).
Vegan House Side Suggestions:
- Rice of the Day (most days but check with your server)
- Fajita Veggies
- Pinto Beans or Black Beans (no cheese)
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Side Salad with Cilantro Jalapeno Vinaigrette (no cheese)
- French fries if you are okay with a communal fryer
Appetizers: Many appetizers can be made vegetarian or vegan
Guacamole, House Salsas, Salsa of the Week: Chips are in a communal fryer.
Vegetarian Tamales & Empanadas: Portobello or Jalapeno Cheese flavors are in the rotation for our vegetarian friends. No Vegan varieties yet but Wendy has been experimenting so stay tuned.
Vegan or Vegetarian Nacho Grande: Corn chips, green onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, beans, cheese and choice of two toppings: sour cream, red salsa, green salsa, or pico de gallo. Guacamole and additional topping available. Vegetarian opt for the vegetarian ground beef. Vegans omit meat, cheese, and sour cream. Replace with guacamole and salsas.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding vegan and vegetarian options. We also have gluten free tortilla shells and some items may be naturally gluten free. Your server can guide you.
We can accommodate most life style diets. However, if you have a food allergy, please be advised that we are a small kitchen and make most items from scratch in our small kitchens. Despite are best efforts there is always a risk of cross contamination. Eat at your own risk if you have an allergy. Everything is fried in a communal fryer using peanut oil. Chef's specials, salsas of the day, desserts, ice cream, mole sauce contains or may contain nuts, peanuts, tree nuts.