While sanitizing a table and chairs to get ready for a group of diners, a guest at another table commented on my activity. We chatted about the cleaning standards at the Inn. I was asked by her and by others if I thought it was all "overkill" and if the extra expenses are worth it?
Is it overkill? Maybe. But, I'm following the advice of people smarter than me. I'd rather do more than necessary. It is worth the extra cost? Yes! Most definitely. We will continue to stay ahead of the curve and go above and beyond to invest in products to keep our staff, their families, and guests all safe.Our staff is committed to your safety. We follow guidelines set by the Allegheny Health Department, state and federal authorities. We follow the enhanced cleaning sanitation practices recommended by the PRLA/National Restaurant Association. We practice social distancing and mask wearing. Most days we are under the 50% capacity even though 50% capacity is permitted indoors at this time. In addition, we employ a cleaning person and we contract with a company for an enhanced deep cleaning with a disinfectant/sanitizer spray service.
We also recently installed a REME Halo Air Purification System as well. REME stands Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy. This in duct air purification system has been dubbed the New Germ Warfare for homes and businesses. It actively cleans the air in the restaurant to help protect you. With the REME Halo air at the Inn is sanitized with UV Filtration and Hydro Peroxide Plasma.
I don't completely understand this technology but John did the research on the REME Halo - even having it installed in our own home first. So, he understands more about it. Flag him down at the Inn if you want to speak with him about how it works and who installed it for us. With the onset of the pandemic, it is being used increasingly in homes, businesses, restaurants, hospitals, long-term care facilities and more to sanitize the air. Here are a few of the facts that motivated us to look into the REME Halo:
- The REME Halo produce hydrogen peroxide plasma. The IAQ solution distributes the plasma through the system’s air handler and ducts and into our living spaces.
- Other passive indoor air quality solutions require particle pollutants to pass through them for filtration and purification. The REME HALO In-Duct Air Purifier operates more proactively, getting to the source of the pollutants and purifying them instantly.
- Reduces airborne particulates like dust, pollen, dander and microbes
- Kills up to 99 percent of the bacteria, viruses and microbial growth
- Reduces airborne and surface microbials, bacteria, viruses and mold.
- Reduces allergens, smoke, odors
- Reduces sneeze germs by 99 percent in the time it takes a sneeze to reach three feet
- Produces no Ozone
We offer three ways for you to enjoy your Franklin Inn food:
1. Eat in our Dining Room: Reserve a table now.
2. Carry Out Hours: Monday - Saturday (4pm to 9pm). Order a Franklin Inn meal, margaritas-to-go, or munchies to enjoy at home.
3. Enjoy Your Take Out Under our Tent Outside. Not ready to eat inside but want to get out of the house? This is as contactless as we can offer. A self service area. No servers. Your order will be given to you in take out containers. We can turn the heater on if you if it is chilly. Napkins and plastic ware available upon request. Order ahead so it is closer to being ready when you get here. It helps us to social distance with less folks trying to place take out orders in person.
To order your take out:
- Use your Heartland Guest App: Google Apple
- https://thefranklininn.hrpos.heartland.us/menu or call 412-366-4140.
You are worth all our extra efforts and we hope this information will make you feel comfortable dining with us.